At Rochdale Islamic Academy our curriculum has been developed to provide a broad and balanced learning experience for all of our students. We follow the principle that all children are equal and have an equal entitlement to knowledge; therefore, the planning of the curriculum is designed to be accessible and equip staff with the necessary tools to enable progress of our students, in both academic and social skills, irrespective of their learning needs and level of functioning.
The curriculum at RIAG will enable our girls to foster a love of learning independently of exams and to encourage inquisitive, motivated and creative thinkers. We want to nurture resilience and robustness; students who are willing to take risks in the classroom and who are not afraid of failure. Intertwined with the academic, the students at RIA are inspired to deepen their moral awareness and tolerance of others around them, and encouraged to be the best they can in every situation.
Our broad and balanced curriculum is not limited by the walls of our classrooms. It is enhanced by all aspects of school life through:
- Student committee
- Pastoral and wellbeing support
- Careers advice
- Extracurricular provision and enrichment
In the planning and delivery of the curriculum we aim to meet the needs of all our students, so they achieve their highest potential. To maximise achievement for all we will:
- Emphasise the duty of a Muslim to seek and gain knowledge
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning
- Emphasise the key skills of communication, numeracy and information technology
- Use information technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Extend learning into the community and the world of business and employment