Rochdale Islamic Academy is a purpose built school. As a former Music School, the building has been adapted to meet the current needs of pupils in our secondary school. We offer a range of specialist facilities to enhance the educational opportunities for our children.
- A large ICT suite enabling all children to have access to the very latest computers. In addition, there are many other computers around the school, including laptops that the children can use in their classrooms or as part of cross-curricular work. In addition, most teaching rooms are now equipped with new Interactive Whiteboards to accommodate teaching and learning needs.
- A well-equipped Science lab allowing for the practical aspects of the subject to be thoroughly explored.
- Rooms designed for specific curriculum subjects.
- Shower and toilet facilities are also provided along with a wudhu (Ablution) area.
- Two halls: the larger hall is used for both assemblies and prayer times.
- A large and well-stocked library which is run by our own librarian. The library is used at lunchtimes to nurture a love of books and promote independent learning.
- A modern kitchen facility. Although lunches are provided by Rochdale council, pupils also have the option of bringing their own food.
- We now have a newly renovated dining facility for pupils.
Playgrounds & Outdoor Spaces
We have a large, enclosed playground; this also boasts a safe seating area.